I've implemented my approach of screensharing. It pipes content scrapped from
dom0 to a VM. I don't call it a success, because the FPS is terribly low. But
maybe someone can try to get it even further.

Recording:
* VLC and ffmpeg could be good choices (with probably many options for
adjusting it for your needs), but they aren't available in Fedora unless you
use some third-party repository, which is not what I wanted.
* recordMyDesktop works with some hacks and config, but its FPS is terribly low
(at least when using --on-the-fly-encoding). It also does not have much
encoding options. It would be probably ideal to use uncompressed video, because
transfer is cheap and encoding/decoding is GPU/CPU-intensive. (Actually, GPU
can at least theoretically help with encoding, as it happens in dom0. It can't
help with video decoding.) I haven't tried to adjust video quality, because I
am not sure about the effect on encoding performance.
* Not sure about other alternatives available in Fedora without additional
repositories. I am not aware about any.
* Maybe we could try the software intended to pipe windows from domUs to dom0
for the other way?

Playback:

* I use MPlayer, but any player capable of playing a pipe can do the job.
* If you want to use it in a VNC session, you will probably want to add
something like “env DISPLAY=:1”. But now, it is too early.
* In my experiment, the domU part was Debian 9, but I don't think this matters
much.

The script with comments:
https://gist.github.com/v6ak/1678244cd71a0ebd019531d02a149c8f

Regards,