R3.2

It seems that my wireless network controller sometimes failed to work even when
I use the method described below:

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/wireless-troubleshooting/#automatically-reloading-drivers-on-suspendresume

My wifi controller as in lspci is:
Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection I217-LM (rev 04)
Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 7260 (rev c3)

I will provide my observation and conjecture here ...

Sometimes when wireless network failed, usually it is when qubes have
difficulty suspending all the vms at suspension within a short amount of time,
because some of my VM were doing some CPU/memory intensive jobs when I suspend
(for example, batch fedora updates, install part). I suspect that the netvm is
just being suspended before its job is done.

Well, as it seems like a common problem and I am grateful that qubes has
already solved tons of my problems, I do not expect the original problem will
have a quick solution ... But I want a way to recover from the state.

The state is that sys-net cannot access to wifi, which is annoying. I tried
killing and restarting sys-net. As far as I remember it worked one time, but
other times it will not work and the sys-net will simple failed to boot
(something like, in Qubes VM manager it becomes yellow, and then without
becoming green it goes off as if it has not been started).

I tried detaching pci devices before shutting down sys-net. I cannot do it in
GUI, so I use qvm-pci -d sys-net 03:00.0 and try detaching the network
controllers. But the detaching and attaching fail with:

libxl: error: libxl_device.c:1269:libxl__wait_for_backend: Backend
/local/domain/0/backend/pci/34/0 not ready

and the device is not visible in GUI! (It seems like a problem that xen failed
but qubes gui has finished the transaction prematurely)

And the story goes the same.

Moreover, I have tried to change the netvm of sys-firewall to be none before I
play with sys-net, but sometimes it also will not work, sometimes it fails with
no reason (unknown error something like that), I tried changing the netvm via
commandline and it fails with the same reason.

However, it seems when I have closed all the vms - actually maybe sys-firewall,
when I close that, I can open sys-net with the network controllers and it runs
without problems. But for qubes when you do this basically it is like rebooting
since you are rebooting your worker vms actually ... It becomes inconvenient
when you have 3 jobs to do at the same time, your 3+ vms are starting different
project with several files open and suddenly wifi fxxk up and you will need to
close everything and start over and ...

The report seems messy, so if anyone is interested in some of the details I can
take time to try out how it works when I am free.

So here comes the problem: How can I recover without rebooting all my working
vms when wifi fails?