I am considering Qubes 4.x for an ASUS ROG GL552VW-DM141 laptop with NVIDIA graphics and built-in/onboard "fallback" Intel graphics.

In order to get for example Ubuntu Mate installed onto it, to get past the installer incompatibilities with NVidia, it is necessary to edit the boot menu and add "nouveau.modeset=0" to the startup command. Then Ubuntu boots fine.

Can this be done with Qubes 4.x?
How/where to affect such boot commands; can that be done from the boot media/USB stick directly, as we do with other Linux live USB sticks?

Thanks,