On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 5:56:21 PM UTC+1, awokd wrote:
> On Mon, February 26, 2018 4:48 pm, '[799]' via qubes-users wrote:
> > Hello,
> >

> > I haven't fully understand what the first post was about, but if it is
> > about how to install chrome... Don't look further, it's all covered:
> >
> > https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/multimedia/
> >

> > The last point covers the complete installation, including setting up the
> > directories and downloading & verifying the public signing keys.
>
> Thanks @praschdorff and reviewers for putting that document together!

It is by no means a complete guide as you make it sound though, it's relying
overly much on closed code, and Chromium is no good here to look into Google
Chrome. I wouldn't call it the "go to" guide to get everything working.

Also as far as my opinion goes, Google Chromes one and only strong point is the
support of Silverlight content, which is not a technical strength, but
monopolize of pure power on a free market in a democracy. It just downright
sucks.

Firefox will play everything around, as long as the content delivery isn't
scamming their customers by using platform monopolized Silverlight. Just
because Google got a piece of the Silverlight working in their closed code
version (which funnily enough is not included in the open source Chromium
version), just smells a thousand miles away of these companies scr*wing over
Linux & Linux users, on purpose. Microsoft's hate towards Linux seems as strong
as ever, despite their so called claims for otherwise.

If possible, we really shouldn't support scumbag companies doing something as
manipulative like this, which is on a level only a real psychopathic sick
person would pull off.

The fact that Firefox isn't even mentioned in that "between the lines
self-proclaimed all solution page guide", makes me a bit sad and disappointed
in Qubes. I hope this is a mistake.