On Fri, March 2, 2018 12:20 am, yreb...@riseup.net wrote:
> per the network printing docs it says to :
>

> "Open an AppVM (make sure it’s based on the template where you just
> installed the printer, normally all AppVMs are based on the default
> template), and test if printing works. If it doesn’t then probably the
> AppVM doesn’t have networking access to the printer – in that case
> adjust the firewall settings for that AppVM in Qubes Manager."

To break it down:
1. Install printer into cloned template, using its network IP
2. Shutdown template
3. Start AppVM based on the cloned template

If your AppVM is on sys-firewall with no custom firewall rules, you
shouldn't have to add the printer's IP anywhere (except possibly within
the AppVM) when you print for the first time.

> I also couldn't get anything to print from my
> xubuntu  HVM

Are you sure the printer is on the network and Linux compatible?