On 2018-03-01 18:47, awokd wrote:
> On Fri, March 2, 2018 4:20 am, yreb...@riseup.net wrote:

>>> You have to put your printer's IP address in here.

>>> Right, doesn't matter it doesn't work, but put in the right IP address.

>>> Change this to IPP:// and your printer's address.

>>> Check what IP address they are printing to.

>> thanks for responding , as you can see the common theme, is I've no clue,
>> how to find my printer IP , and apparently  it may change if it's not
>> static?
>
> Look in system-config-printer on one of your working systems. Yes, it
> might change if it's not static. How did you set up the other system?
>
>> I had been told that the gateway address Was the printer IP  , but I've
>> really no idea
>
> That's usually incorrect, unless the printer is connected directly to your
> router by USB.

The working Linux Mint system says :
dnssd://Brother%20HL-L2360D%20series._ipp._tcp.local/

I pasted that into the AppVM as root with system-printer-config  ->
settings-> change -> IPP (ipp)
and IPP (ipps)   with no luck

I did notice when I launched system-printer-config in terminal I see:
Error creating proxy: The connection is closed (g-io-error-quark, 18)

doing a web search on it but not hopeful

1) does it matter is system-printer-config runs as root or user in AppVM

2) will re running the driver setup /cups etc tarball package conflict
with what I already did in the fedora-26-cloneprinter Template VM ?

3) I'm afraid static IPs  are going to be a nonstarter  for  chronic
newb as myself  https://dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=263998

4) so much for  qubes printing is so easy  posts I've seen ...... even
without a sys-usb  :P