On 03/29/2018 02:52 PM, 799 wrote:

> Maybe users buy a Purism laptop and next time they buy something even more
> free ... That's still great.
My issue is with purisms incredibly dishonest marketing, their pressure
campaigns on the FSF, their insulting of their competitors - not their
existence in general or the practice of selling of laptops that are only
slightly more free than a dell.

You say "why do so many people bash purism" well they have done more
than enough to deserve it - and last I checked I am the only one doing
so whereas they employ plenty of shills and even probably pay
journalists to issue glorified press releases....the tech media adores
purism and refuses to publish the real facts or even just some articles
on their honest competitors and I wonder why that is.

Because of their dishonest marketing they've ruined the idea of what a
free laptop should look like in the head of the average person, sucked
away money from honest companies and prevented the existence of
crowdfunding campaigns or start-ups selling actually libre laptops - all
of these are bad.

They have set the freedom hardware movement back by a decade, even more
now that they've convinced people that they have "disabled" ME and that
intel hardware is fine to buy again (it isn't)