On 03/30/2018 09:24 AM, Holger Levsen wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2018 at 03:38:34PM -0400, taii...@gmx.com wrote:
>> My issue is with purisms incredibly dishonest marketing, their pressure
>> campaigns on the FSF, their insulting of their competitors - not their
>> existence in general or the practice of selling of laptops that are only
>> slightly more free than a dell.
> Taiidan, this is the qubes-users mailing list, ment to discuss issues
> and joys with Qubes OS.
It has been about more than just qubes for a long time now - general
privacy/security threads are good to have.
I have been here for years and on other ML's for longer so I know it is
better to not have strict on-topic rules.
Not to mention that for a long time purisms laptops were recommended by
the purism developers (so I believe it is somewhat on topic) in exchange
for kickbacks despite being a terrible choice for privacy/security my
for the price of one purism you could have bought both a nice owner
controlled laptop (G505S) and a libre VM gaming desktop (KCMA-D8 or
KGPE-D16 plus other parts) that both run qubes 4.0.
> Whatever you think of Purism is really not
> suited that well on this list.
Why?
> If you want to educate people, I'd like to suggest you take it elsewhere.
Where exactly? To some place maybe a "free speech zone" where no one
will hear me or care?
> either private
Private? what?
> or some other public list or setup a wiki page or whatever.
>
> If everybody beats up their favorite horse on this list, this list
> will become a lot more noisy and less useful for everyone. For example I
> don't think using Thunderbird for reading email is a reasonable choice
> for users interested in reasonable security, but I wont mention that in
> every (not even any...) thread discussing thunderbird. Same can be said
> about many many topics.
I would definitely appreciate a thunderbird thread and I think you
should make one as how I make my counter-puricrapism posts.
I am the only critical voice whereas purism has the entire tech media on
their side somehow issuing glorified press releases and always failing
to mention that their marketing is full of lies.