I don't know if this will be of any help, but with R4 rc4, I installed it on a
Dell laptop and had a similar problem with dual boot (though I installed Qubes
on a second external hard drive). The UEFI stuff just didn't work. My solutions
was to install Qubes in legacy mode, but left Windows in UEFI.  I couldn't use
the grub menu to boot, but instead had to hit F12 during boot to bring up the
BIOS boot sequence menu.  From that, I could choose either Windows or KDE neon
from the UEFI list, or qubes from the legacy list.  Note that this meant that I
had a /boot/efi on the external drive *and* a /boot/efi on my native drive.  I
haven't installed R4 on my internal drive yet, but plan to do it this weekend.

I suspect that you can probably choose to boot Windows from the BIOS boot
sequence menu if you have both legacy and UEFI turned on.