> Hey Mike,
>
> If you could find that email that would be fantastic. I have a
> similar problem on my Dell XPS 13 9343 as described later in this
> thread:
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/qubes-users/G6lMHyD16xc
>
> Basically, I can only get Qubes 4.0 installed using Legacy boot,
> which is fine with me, but I can't get it to boot. The machine
> reboots itself every time it tries to boot Qubes, no matter if I
> install on an internal or external SSD. I would really love to get it
> working.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

It sounds like you might have a different problem, but anyway, this is
what I had to do to get my UEFI boot working again.

"I had to fix the EFI - for some reason the installer messes up the
EFI partition type on the disk, and the bios doesn't recognise any boot
partition.  So I booted from a Linux cdrom and used 'fdisk' to change
the EFI partition type to EFI (which fdisk thought it was anyway!)."

I think the installer messed up the disk identifier string, which has
to be something specific for EFI.  'fdisk' fixed it.

If you haven't used fdisk before, be very carefull!  It can easily
ruin your disk partitions irrecoverably.

Best of luck,

   Mike.