On Thursday, April 5, 2018 at 12:52:03 PM UTC-8, cooloutac wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 7:05:37 PM UTC-4, Tomas Vrba wrote:
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I am upgrading from Qubes 3.2 to 4.0 and I am running into issues during
> > installation on Dell XPS 13 9343.
> >
> > My goal is to install Qubes 4.0 on an external Samsung T5 USB 3.1 SSD. I
> > created the installation media in Windows using Rufus as specified and
> > every time I try to install the system it completely freezes either at:
> >
> > "Installing qubes-template-fedora-26.noarch (947/1018)"
> >
> > or
> >
> > "Installing qubes-template-debian-9.noarch (948/1018)"
> >
> > and I have to do hard shutdown.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> are you sure  you are waiting long enough time?  tried using dd on to a diff
> usb stick, diff port?

Yes, tried different ports and different computers for the dd. I have not yet
tried a different USB stick to put the install disk on though, so that's the
next step.

I did just try installing on the internal M.2 ssd of my XPS 13 where Qubes 3.2
used to live instead of an external drive and ran into exactly the same issue.