On 04/09/2018 12:52 PM, 'Neelix' via qubes-users wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>

> Did you also make a back up of the templates? Or did you installed the
> same applications on your new templates?
>

> On 04/09/2018 05:52 AM, Andrew Morgan wrote:
>> Hey there,
>>
>> The upgrade to Qubes 4.0 was mostly painless, with a few things needed
>> to be set up and worked-around here and there. I did do a backup from
>> R3.2 and restore to R4.0.
>>
>> The only issue I'm still facing is that none of my .desktop files
>> (application menus under the XFCE menu) seem to work. When I click on,
>> say, Personal - Terminal the Personal VM is started, but no terminal
>> shows up. Doing the same thing results in nothing happening.
>>
>> Running `qvm-sync-appmenus personal` results in no change. The .desktop
>> files are in dom0 and personal, but for some reason the application
>> still isn't launching. I have to manually launch everything from Qubes
>> Manager -> Run command in VM -> gnome-terminal.
>>
>> Is there a way I can debug this further?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew Morgan

Yes, I did make a backup of the templates which my AppVMs are still using.

I haven't switched to the new templates yet (which may not be necessary
as we can just change the virtualization type of the templates in Qubes
Manager? Or is there some special Qubes 4.0 stuff in the new templates?)

Thanks,
Andrew Morgan