hi all,

I am currently running a Qubes 4 system with all my AppVMs based on Debian.
(btw thanks to the Qubes devs for providing this "out of the box" when I know
you prefer Fedora: very democratic :)

Updating the Fedora 26 template takes forever and a lot of it is software I
will never use. I am tempted to try to replace this with the minimal template,
and wondered if there is a step by step Qubes-for-Dummies description of how to
do this?

If so, please could somebody post a link?

If not, what I have found so far is a page at

https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora-minimal/

which helpfully lists how to install the template and which packages I need to
add to it before I try to use it with sys-net sys-firewall and sys-usb.

So my current plan is

1. install the minimal template
2. add the required packages
3. backup all qubes in case of finger trouble
4. from Qube Settings in each the sys- domains change the template
5. reboot

Is there anything important I have missed?

And finally, after I have got everything running off Fedora Minimal or Debian,
would I use qubes-remove or dnf to remove the redundant Fedora-26 template?

Thanks for any advice - especially if I have missed something...