I think: at the moment, the only possible way to become confident that
a new 15h microcode at linux-firmware.git is the same (or at least
close to being the same) as being offered to us under an NDA, without
signing this NDA, is to install this microcode to your coreboot and
then run some tests to see the degree of vulnerability to the various
spectres. Also, that AMD person has uploaded only 15h and 17h -
meanwhile, there are some nice desktop coreboot-supported 16h boards
like ASUS AM1I-A (they are early-16h so they do not have PSP backdoor,
only late-16h has), and these 16h boards are still vulnerable. I will
try to contact to "remind" about 16h. Maybe they don't share the
microcodes publicly until they have fully tested them, and NDA is a
way for OEMs to get the not-publicly-released-yet microcodes to test
on their hardware. It could be that AMD's guidelines require fully
testing a new microcode at all the compatible platforms before
releasing it publicly even if its just a matter of setting a few bits
- to make sure that all the other functions are still working
correctly

Best regards,
Ivan