On Friday, August 24, 2018 at 6:08:54 AM UTC-4, awokd wrote:
> On Fri, August 24, 2018 9:53 am, Daniil .Travnikov wrote:
> > I have an LTE USB Modem which I used in Qubes 3.2 very well, but in Qubes
> > 4.0 I have some issues.
> >

> > First of all in Qubes Manager I can attach this usb modem only in HVM
> > mode ('ERROR: devices tab: Can't attach PCI device to VM in pvh mode').
> >

> > So I changed in VM on HVM mode and attached just usb slot.
> >

> > Then I tried to turn on my VM but I got 2 same error messages (first one
> > in windows and the second one on the top right corner):
> >
> > 'ERROR: Start failed: internal error: Non-endpoint PCI devices cannot be
> > assigned to guests, see /var/lob/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log'
> >
> > 'Qube Status: usb
> > Domain usb has failed to start: Internal error: Non-endpoint PCI devices
> > cannot be assigned to guests'.
> >

> > Tell me please what am I missing in Qubes 4.0?
>
> Do an "lspci" and "lspci -t" in dom0, and try attaching the leaf device
> instead. Sounds like you are trying to attach some type of bridge.

Thank you for your answer.

Before your message I tried to attach this device:
'00:1d.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Device a330 (rev f0)'
and you saw which error I got.

After your message I thought maybe I am choosing not correct device and now I
am choosing this device:
'00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation Device a36d (rev 10)'

and got another error messages:

'ERROR: Start failed: internal error: Unable to reset PCI device 0000:00:14.0:
no FLR, PM reset or bus reset available, see
/var/log/libvirt/libxl/libxl-driver.log for details'

'Qube Status: usb
Domain usb has failed to start: internal error: Unable to reset PCI device
0000:00:14.0: no FLR, PM reset or bus reset available'.