W dniu wtorek, 16 października 2018 01:22:58 UTC+2 użytkownik tai...@gmx.com
napisał:
> On 10/15/2018 02:09 PM, Yethal wrote:> It also has a PS/2 port
> (extremely important in Qubes and often overlooked)
> Misinformation.
>
> You instea dwant more than one USB controller on a system so you can
> have both trusted for keyboard/mice and untrusted for random stuff (all
> my recs in my other reply have this, the D16/D8's have a second
> controller via a few onboard usb headers)
>
> PS/2 is not secure at all - your keystrokes are outputted on the ground
> wire.
>
> I suggest purchasing a usb keyboard that doesn't have firmware such as
> the excellent us made unicomp model m mechanical keyboard, to prevent
> use of a keyboard virus.
>
> Definitely agreed with not buying nvidia junk though, they artificially
> hamper virt with their geforce stuff and they also hate linux drivers
> and FOSS.

If I have more than one USB controller and I leave one controller in dom0 and
all the other ones in sys-usb that is all fine and dandy except there is still
a usb controller in dom0 which kinda defeats the purpose of even having sys-usb
unless the keyboard and mouse wires were to be soldered directly to the ports.
Also, if an attacker is capable of tapping into the ground wire of your
keyboard to listen to the keystrokes then they are more than capable of simply
plugging a usb keylogger and/or usb hub and a flashdrive. IMHO a usb controller
in dom0 poses much bigger security risk due to reduced attack complexity.