On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 08:05:51AM -0700, alexander.ibrahi...@gmail.com wrote:
> Den tisdag 23 oktober 2018 kl. 16:29:29 UTC+2 skrev unman:
> > On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 01:40:24PM -0700, alexander.ibrahi...@gmail.com
> > wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am trying to follow this guide:
> > >
> > > https://www.reddit.com/r/Qubes/comments/6h4ue2/guide_setting_up_a_vpn_with_mullvad_on_qubes/
> > >
> > > But I am not using mullvad, I am using Nordvpn. But I've been told this
> > > guide should be compatible.
> > >
> > > I am on the secound part of stage 3:
> > >
> > > -
> > >
> > > Start your VPN-Proxy-VM and run:
> > >
> > > sudo mkdir /rw/config/vpn
> > >
> > > Move your .ovpn file into this folder by typing:
> > >
> > > mv openvpn-client.ovpn /rw/config/vpn/openvpn-client.ovpn
> > >
> > > -
> > >
> > > mv openvpn-client.ovpn /rw/config/vpn/openvpn-client.ovpn command does
> > > not work. I get this error:
> > >
> > > mv: cannot stat 'openvpn-client.ovpn': No such file or directory
> > >
> > > If I have understood this right it should automatically find this file in
> > > my /home/user/Downloads folder. My Nordvpn config file was named
> > > something different, but I renamed it correcly to
> > > ''openvpn-client.ovpn''.
> > >
> > > I am lost, I don't know how to solve this.
> > >

> > Whatever route you decide to take, the problem you have here is that the
> > instructions aren't clear, and 'mv' doesn't work as you think it does.
> >
> > Your target file is in /home/user/Downloads, but you are in /home/user.
> > 'mv' expects you to specify a file to move. If you don't give an absolute
> > path then it works relative to where you are.
> > So your command is looking for a file in /home/user, but the file is
> > in /home/user/Downloads. That's why it says "No such file".
> > 'mv' will not look about and "find the file" - you need to tell it where
> > the file is.
>
> Hi, what an honor to get a reply direcly from you then! :-)
>
> Thanks, I will be following this guide. If I get any issues, I hope you can
> find the time to help me out. I would very much appreciate it since I'm very
> new.

Hello Alexander

Chris has offered another "packaged" solution which works well.

You can learn a good deal more by doing it yourself if you aim to
understand what you are doing rather than just following instructions.
If you do use the guide, and don't understand anything or hit problems
just mail here and someone will help out.

Best luck

unman