Just used this feature again...Debian-9, Fedora-29 and Dom0 updates(or lack of)
went fine i.e. My Fedora templates seemed to update and no updates were needed
for Dom0 or my Debian templates.

My Whonix-14-GW and -WS however did deliver an error that might be related to
what you refer to Marek. The sun icon gives me the following error(abbreviated):

File "/var/tmp/.root_62a99a_salt....import salt.modules.cmdmod
File "/var/tmp/.root_62a99a_salt....import salt.util.http
File "/var/tmp/.root_62a99a_salt....import salt.util.events
ImportError: No module named concurrent...CancelledError
stdout:

I manually updated the whonix-gw and -ws using the Qubes Manager OK.

Any chance some one can share the commands to allow me to update using the "sun
icon"? Its nice to check all templates for updates and have them run in the
back ground one-by-one. I thought this would crash my system but worked pretty
slick appart from the whonix-gw and -ws error I got...

Again thanks to all for the help! Marek you do good work!! awokd/799 thanks for
your engagement...