On 24/01/2019 9.15 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 24, 2019 at 08:57:16PM -0600, Andrew David Wong wrote:

>>> That's why I found its better to just specify qubes*testing for the
>>> templates:
>>>
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/f4d997d5-7191-06d0-e7bb-ef42745a7db5%40posteo.net
>>>

>> I don't understand. How would that help here? To recap, this command
>> worked for me:
>
>> $ sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-templates-community-testing
>> qubes-template-whonix-gw-14
>
>> The very same command failed for pixel fairy.
>
> I think the issue is about the previous point in the patching
> instruction: remove buggy template version. Otherwise it will fail
> exactly like this (indeed the message is confusing...). Feature request
> about simplifying this process is tracked here:
> https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/4518

Oh, the old template is still installed? Ok, that makes sense.

pixel fairy, please let us know of fully removing the old template first
doesn't fix the problem.

>> Why would using
>> qubes*testing instead fix whatever is causing that command to fail?
>> Would that somehow force cache busting for some reason?
>
> No. But it would be easier - no need to think in which repository given
> template is. In this particular case, it should be fine as given
> template is only in one of those repositories.

Sure, I can see it being easier. I'd specify it as
`qubes-templates*testing` to be safe, though. Otherwise, user error
could easily lead to pulling updates from `qubes-dom0-current-testing`
that they didn't mean to get and aren't prepared to deal with.

>>> Also, using the 'upgrade' action is a lot less confusing. The official
>>> steps are needlessly painful.
>
>> Would it be worth updating the QSB? (CC: Marek)

PR: https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-secpack/pull/26

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS