On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 18:32:00 -0500, marmot-te <marmot...@riseup.net> wrote:

        hi here,

I understand that list mail is pretty useful,

but ... come on, this is not really common user-friendly
example 1 : I cannot know what it be said before I subscribe to it

Just realized google strips the sig. I'm using opera 12.16 to read
the mailing lists, which like other mail programs does show the sig,
so my apologies for implying it should have been obvious.

While I do use gmail due to it's convenience for what I do, I don't use
it's web interface except to control the settings. I use pop3 to download
all messages to my computer and smtp for replies.

I have other email accounts for things I don't want google to be able to
see, and use gpg where appropriate for end to end encryption.

Regards, Dave Hodgins