Thank you for the work. I have few points:

* If we don't verify the commit/tag, I'd suggest downloading the source through
HTTPS instead: https://scm.osdn.net/gitroot/android-x86/manifest.git
* You mention that we need a 30GB swap, but you don't mention the RAM you had
assigned to the VM. What was the RAM? I would probably prefer using more RAM to
swapping.
* Keeping with Android security updates will feel a bit like recompiling Gentoo
every month…
* I have looked for GSIs (generic system images). Unfortunately, I haven't
found any for x86.
* It should be easy to make a TemplateVM. Just use the private disk image
(which is typically /rw) for /data.

Regards,
Vít Šesták 'v6ak'