El sábado, 23 de marzo de 2019, 3:28:31 (UTC+1), Nicklas Williams  escribió:
> I Bought a new precision 5530 recently for Qubes but I have been unable to
> get the Qubes install to work.  I find that I am forced to use UEFI because
> the 5530 doesnt allow legacy boot from internal HDs.  I'm trying to make the
> edits to the cfg files on a linux system now to try again.  I was wondering
> if you had any tips?
>
> On Monday, December 17, 2018 at 8:43:31 AM UTC-8, smvi...@invisson.com wrote:
> > So I have a Precision 5530, and after some similar tweaks to those
> > described here, I managed to install Qubes 4.0. Everything seem to be
> > working perfectly fine (Including Wi-Fi) except for the Ethernet adapter
> > that I need to connect to the USB-C (Thunderbolt) port. The adapter is
> > detected and I can use other connectors (DP, USBs) but the ethernet adapter
> > is not listed. I've tried assigning devices, connecting it to sys-net, etc
> > but no luck...
> >
> > Asking this here because in the Precision 5520 you also need a similar
> > adapter if you want to use Ethernet... so hopefully you have figured it out
> > already?
> >
> > Thank you in advance.

Hi Nicklas!

So besides following the steps described here under "Installation freezes
before getting to Anaconda": https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/uefi-troubleshooting/

I blacklisted Nouveau adding the following line as kernel option:
"nouveau.modeset=0 rd.driver.blacklist=nouveau video=vesa:off"

With that you should be able to install Qubes. During the installation process
the mousepad wasn't working for me, but you can do it anyway just using the
keyboard or attaching an external one. After the installation it was working
again though.

And finally, after the installation, in order to fix suspend, I had to add the
following also as kernel option: "mem_sleep_default=deep"

And I think that's it. Hope this helps!