On 7/27/19 8:27 PM, Jon deps wrote:
pardon my  non-sysadmin  query :

any chance of some real world  examples?  quite a few new terms  there .

so install into Debian-9

but step 2  am already lost

eg how and where amd I "activating" vm-boot-protect   in the templatevm ?

or during install there is going to appear a choice  of which service to start  , then when one opens a  TBAVM based on the specified Deb-9 template   the protection work at that point ?

Go to the VM's Settings / Services tab, and add "vm-boot-protect" as a service.

Can I install it in a fresh Deb-9  , and if its breaking things,  just delete  the fresh Deb-9 template,  or  is it touching  dom0 ?

It has a second-stage installation step that changes sudo/root access inside the template. And for that new root config to work, you have to add a couple dom0 config lines (it shows you the dom0 lines at the end of the install process).

If you remove the altered Deb-9, the dom0 config lines will stay unless you change them back. However, in practice there is really no impact on your unmodified templates, so whether or not to remove the dom0 lines is a question of tidiness.

As an alternative, per the Readme step 3, you can sidestep the whole sudo auth reconfiguration.

I guess once installed there is no un-installing ?

Currently there is no "purge everything" function or uninstall. You can remove the service manually by deleting the following:

/lib/systemd/system/vm-boot-protect.service
/usr/lib/qubes/init/vm-boot-protect.sh
/etc/default/vms

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net