When I click the applet, I see:
Ethernet Network
device not managed
VPN Connections >
I don't see my WiFi networks. When I launch network manager in sys-net,
I tried
to manually input the information for my WiFi (with the SSID and
WPA2/Personal),
but it doesn't connect after.

Try lspci in dom0 and look for your wireless adapter (try "lspci |grep
-i wireless" if you are lazy). Then go in the sys-net template (! not
sys-net itself) and verify the firmware for your hardware is installed.
Then reboot sys-net and have a look again. Also check that the hardware
is accessible to sys-net via the "devices" tab of the qubes settings.