Sven Semmler:
> On Sun, Feb 09, 2020 at 01:46:12PM +0000, 'awokd' via qubes-users wrote:
>> Maybe it doesn't like the "disposable" part? Try it with a regular AppVM
>> based on that same minimal template.
>
> I did: makes no difference. Also I've been running debian-based and
> fedora-based disposable sys-firewall for years. It has most likely to do
> with the -minimal template and me being oblivious to what the Qubes
> Manger looks for.

I had double-checked my debian-10-minimal firewall template against the
packages you installed and they matched, so I'm trying to think what
else is different. Maybe because you manually edited the rules? I've
seen that confuse the GUI before.

> After verifying that the firewall does indeed work and does what it's
> supposed to do I see this as a minor annoyance. I saw some discussion on
> github about how the Qubes Manager recognizes firewall functionality but
> all those things I already checked - I think (see previous postings).
>
> Could you point out to me please how I would verify that the qubes-firewall
> service is up and running?

Systemctl in sys-firewall tells me qubes-firewall.service is "loaded
active running", if that helps.

--
- don't top post