All,

This is interesting. My original installation of Qubes had Debian 9. I upgraded
it to Debian 10 following the Qubes documentation. No issues at all. In
learning and working with Qubes I found I needed more drive space, so I deleted
Debian. Having installed secondary storage for AppVMs and moving some over to
it, I can reinstall a Debian 10 templateVM. Except now it won't.

Specifically, I issue the " $ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-10 "
and I get red lettering and "error could not delete old database at
/var/lib/qubes/dom0-updates/home/user/.rpmold.xxxx" where xxxx changes if I
repeat the command and that error appears. Other times I get red lettering
without that specific error and (via sys-whonix) it downloads the info it needs
and then I get "No Match for argument qubes-template-debian-10 nothing to
download".

If I try " $ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-9 " - same thing "No
Match for argument qubes-template-debian-9 nothing to download".

My backups don't have any version of a Debian templateVM (grrr). A fresh
install is plan B, but some insight would be educational.

Thanks!

DG