On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 07:18:01PM -0700, Dave wrote:

> > sudo qvm-copy /home/user
> > sudo qvm-copy /rw
> >
> > /Sven
> >

> That worked; thanks
> Now, how about my installed programs? Which directories are inherited by
> TemplateBasedVM that contain user apps and data?
>
> What about /etc, /lib, /opt, /var, /loc or whatever folders packages are
> installed in?
>
> >From User Documentation, Template VMs I only see:
> TemplateBasedVM
> Inheritance    /etc/skel to /home, /usr/local.orig to /usr/local
> Persistence    /rw (includes /home, /usr/local and bind-dirs)

All the directories you mention are *used* by TemplateBasedVMs, but not
*inherited* by them.
Changes you  make there in the template will appear in the TemplateBasedVM
when you boot it, but changes you make in the TemplateBasedVM while it
is running will not be persistent. You can use bind-dirs to change this
behaviour.