On 6/26/20 10:14 PM, Qubes wrote:
> On 6/26/20 9:49 PM, qubes via qubes-users wrote:
>> On 6/13/20 5:36 PM, pudding wrote:
>>> I updated dom0 from the security-testing repo today due to the new CPU
>>> hardware bug. After finishing update and rebooting my laptop, it is
>>> stuck on the black screen forever, and will not load the LUKS decryption
>>> screen.
>>> ..
>>
>> Same problem on Lenovo t460 but "standard" repo/update.
>>

> That is a real problem. I guess it is game over without a backup.

As pudding said, you can boot the old kernel, thank spaghettimonster.
But what is the real cause of the problem?
Can I do something about it or will the next Dom0-Update fix this
problem? Shall I reinstall the .125-Kernel?
Or - worst case scenario - will newer kernels stop working on this
laptop in the future anyway?