If I try to open a terminal in a dvm, I have tried in both the dvm's that are installed by default (Disposable: fedora-31-dvm and Disposable: whonix-ws-15-dvm) and one that I created on my own by just creating a qube and setting the "Disposable VM Template" flag.

When I open a terminal in any of these the new disposable VM gets created, is started, and the terminal opens briefly, but then closes immediately after and the disposable VM gets deleted.

Which log should I look at to troubleshoot?

If I open anything else in any of the 3 dvm's, for example Firefox or Krusader, it opens.