Andrew David Wong:

Since I never planned to use the voice features, I simply found a sewing needle, inserted it into the mic hole, and used a flat piece of hard plastic on the other end to apply moderate force. There was a single "click" sound. After that, voice commands were no longer recognized by the TV, but the remote and everything else still worked perfectly.

Reminds me of a lobotomy procedure.

Thread related- if you want a big screen picture, but not "smarts", sometimes projectors can be the way to go.

--
- don't top post