Hello qubes-users,

im a Noob to Linux, but i wanna try it because it seems that it offers
great security advantages over a normal "bare metal" System or Windows.

However i have some problems, like setup my network printer properly, i
installed the proprietary drivers properly in the template VM, but i have
no clue how to configure the printer and the operating system to
communicate with the Printer. I installed the .deb driver package in the
Template of the DisposableTemplate, started the console of the Disposable
template via Dom0 terminal and checked if the drivers were properly
installed. It seems they are as they show up flagged with ii.

Also i ran into that problem that my Authy client installed over Snap
stopped working, terminal prints out that:
[code][user@personal ~]$ authy
WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial
confinement
/snap/authy/5/authy: error while loading shared libraries: libX11.so.6:
[user@personal ~]$[/code]

Also i want to update my old InsydeH20 Bios, because it is the first
release version and my PC is from 2016, they were several ME Firewall
patches and also drivers for touchpad for linux were delivered etc. etc.
and Microcode Update. I tried updating with FreeDOS from SD Card, but it
seems that my Bios does nut support booting from SD card. My Bios version
is V1.12.... this is the first release..

I have Qubes installed in Legacy Mode. Is it possible to switch it to UEFI
mode? Because maybe it will boot much faster? The problem is i cannot turn
off Secure Boot in my Bios by default, i am even not able to turn
hyperthreading of, because the InsydeH20 stock bios looks like from a
Kindergarden.

It would be nice if someone can go through that with me.