On 9/1/21 1:36 PM, Bernhard wrote:
Hello, I wonder if some of you guys have the bad luck of an i915
graphics card and found some solutions.  For me, no >= 5.4 xen kernel
works (freezes). So I still run it on 4.19 :)

I first thought this to be an "evolution problem" since I use and update
Q4 since its beta state. So I tried a new install on a new disc, but
that fails even before finishing install, freezing as well :-(

Even a plain "live debian" freezes from time to time with i915 errors,
which gives a clue where the problem comes from.

Is there maybe a way to tweak the installer? Thanks,

best, Bernhard

Hi Bernard,

I think it is the recent i915 driver update that causes the problem.
I had to remove it and download and install the previous version.
then I blacklisted the i915 driver so that dom0 would not update it.

Screen does not freeze anymore.

Only "problem" is that the "Qubes Update" widget thinks there is
always an update to be made.  Just have to ignore it.

Mike.