Hi Will,

I basically used whatever was the HEAD revision of the Heads project at that
time. That worked reasonably well, but a few issues remained:

-> A weird seemingly random data corruption issue when restoring backups [1],
which I cannot reproduce any longer. I suspect either the VRAM change (see below)
or the switch to the 4.19 kernel (see below) or maybe a combination of both fixed
it.

-> Distorted graphics (looked like random data in the video buffer) for the
first 1-2 seconds when booting. This went away after setting 'gfx_uma_size=224M'
in cmos.default and 'select USE_OPTION_TABLE' and 'select STATIC_OPTION_TABLE' in
Kconfig. I use an external 4K screen and never checked if this is also an issue
without it being connected. You might not need to do this.

-> Random freezes of the system ... this is clearly connected to the 5.4 kernel
and never happens when using the 4.19 kernel. As long as the 4.19 kernel is
supported I feel no pressure to do anything about it and hope that when the day
comes, the newer kernel at that time will not have this issue anymore. There is
some talk about this being connected to the i915 driver.

-> Some warnings about the CPU having issues when booting... that's a bug in
Coreboot you can simply ignore. If you however want to fix it, just apply this fix
[2] manually.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

/Sven

[1] https://github.com/QubesOS/qubes-issues/issues/6227
[2] https://review.coreboot.org/28443

--
 public key: https://www.svensemmler.org/2A632C537D744BC7.asc
fingerprint: DA59 75C9 ABC4 0C83 3B2F 620B 2A63 2C53 7D74 4BC7