On Sun, Mar 06, 2022 at 09:03:29PM +0000, 'taran1s' via qubes-users wrote:
> I have an issue with Split GPG as well as with opening files in the
> disposable VMs and with the qrexec in the guide How to use Monero CLI/daemon
> with Qubes + Whonix too.
>
> https://www.getmonero.org/resources/user-guides/cli_wallet_daemon_isolation_qubes_whonix.html
>
> Split GPG
>
> Opening Thunderbird, I get following errors in the notification popup:
>
> Denied: whonix.NewStatus
> Denied whonix.NewStatus+status from work-email to sys-whonix

This is a Whonix problem I am not familiar with.

> I have to as well make every gpg action confirm in the Dom0 Operation
> Execution with Target GPG backend.

You can solve this problem by adding a line such as:

    qubes.Gpg  + work-email <yourtarget> allow

to `/etc/qubes/policy.d/30-user.policy`.  Be sure to replace <yourtarget>
with the name of the backend qube.

> Using dispVMs from within AppVM
>
> When trying to convert file or open it in the disposable VM from within the
> normal AppVM, I get an error popuplike :
>
> Denied: qubes.PdfConvert
> Denied qubes.pdfConvert from work-email to @dispvm

What is work-email’s default DisposableVM template?  It’s in the
“Default DispVM” column in Qubes Manager.  If it is “None” or “default
(None)” you will get this error.  Setting it to a valid DisposableVM
Template (such as whonix-ws-16-dvm) should solve the problem.

> Any advice appreciated!
>
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/qubes-users/3c5f45cb-0e56-5bb5-a4ea-f68d001e2856%40mailbox.org.

- --