I have a really annoying issue with resume from suspend. On resume,
sys-firewall is crashed/freezed/unresponsive. So on every resume from
suspend, I need to kill and restart this VM if I want to use networking.
Other qubes are fine, except that sys-whonix also freezes, but this is
because it can't get a network connection to sys-firewall.
The VM is based on the default debian 11 template without any special
modifications. It has worked fine this way for years. Qubes is the
latest version. Kernel used 4.10.112.
- High reported ram/cpu use, cpu hovering around 10-20%
- vm terminal: shows a blank window, no input/output shown
- xen console in dom0: no output
- does not pass networktraffic from connected VM's
- stopped connected VM's can't start because of failed vif (network
- sometimes, after a shorter suspend, the VM still works, or it does
pass networktraffic while the vm still can't open a terminal window.
- checking both before and after suspend the VM console and syslog, dom0
journal, dmesg, xen logs. It doesn't show any relevant error as far as I
- creating a fresh sys-firewall VM. No change.
- switching the VM to a fedora 35 template, fully upgraded. No change
- checking possibly related issues on qubes github. But those are all
either fixed with updates, or about VM's with PCI devices connected,
which this VM doesn't.
What is this problem? Why does it only occur with sys-firewall VM? Which
logs to doublecheck? Any suggestions welcome.
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
To view this discussion on the web visit