Hi All,

Okay, so I have changed the ntp.conf so that it now looks like this:

server 127.127.20.0 prefer mode 2 minpoll 4 maxpoll 4
server 127.127.22.0

tos mindist 0.250

statistics loopstats
statsdir /var/log/ntp/
filegen loopstats file loop type delay enable

However, ntpdate now says that no servers can be found and ntpq -p is
still indicating now PPS:

jitter
*GPS_NMEA(0)     .GPS.            0 l    3   16    1    0.000    7.872
0.000

I think this *may* be because I have not added the ATOM driver during
the configure, so that is what I will try now.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Best Regards,

Paul.

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 21:25 +0000, Harlan Stenn wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> > ====
> > > >
> > 0.000
> > 1.575
> > >
> > > GET RID OF LOCAL. Sorry to shout but so many distributions have totally
> > > incompetent instructions. LOCAL is the clock itself. It it is totally
> > > and utterly useless for keeping time. Setting a clock with itself as the
> > > reference will always say that the clock is exactly right, and will
> > > always be totally wrong.
> >
> > Okay, how do I get rid of local? Is it a configure option?
>
> Find the line in your ntp.conf file that looks like:
>
>  server 127.127.1.x ...
>
> and comment it out or remove it.

believed to be clean.