On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 1:35 PM, Rob <nom...@example.com> wrote:

> Paul <tik-...@bodosom.net> wrote:
> > Sure.  My point is I haven't seen a use case in this thread for
> nanosecond
> > *accuracy* relative to the TAI paper clock.
>
> It is not for timestamping the moment of clicking in an online auction
> or stock trade?

The original question was about the capability of PTP as an improvement
over NTP possibly based on IRIG time transfer.   Given such a vague
question one might simply say if you spend enough money you can do better
than the noted O(1ms).  Eventually *this* thread drifted off the rails into
the realm of national lab scale transfers.  Since Joe Gwinn didn't say
there was a need for such a degree of *fidelity* (truth as opposed to
precision or accuracy, I should have made that more clear) I don't yet know
why the issue came up.
        • R... Brian Inglis
          • ... Martin Burnicki
            • ... Brian Inglis
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... Brian Inglis
            • ... Paul
            • ... Brian Inglis
            • ... Paul
            • ... Rob
            • ... William Unruh
            • ... Paul
            • ... Terje Mathisen
        • R... Magnus Danielson
          • ... Martin Burnicki
            • ... E-Mail Sent to this address will be added to the BlackLists
            • ... Magnus Danielson
            • ... Martin Burnicki
  • Re: [ntp:quest... Joe Gwinn