On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 11:18 PM, William Unruh <un...@invalid.ca> wrote:

> As do you-- generalising from your one situation.

Are you actually suggesting that the number of refclocks is a
non-negligible fraction of the number of clients?  Even if you only include
Linux that makes no sense.
Most of our non-mobile clients run windows and get time from Microsoft or
the domain which gets it from our S2 servers.
Most of our Linux instances are servers which get time from our S2 servers.
I don't imagine our circustances are wildly out of line.

By the way comparing network kernel drivers to application build choices is
silly.   I'm willing to firmly assert that there's much greater need for
network support than there is for the ATOM refclock.