Hi. The Session Horns key switches at c0 (or basically lowest C you can reach after octave-shifting) should help. If you don't care for Session Horns, try ProjectSAM Swing! And Swing More libraries, which may offer better Jazz sounds anyway.
Personally, I think they do, and they play nicer in my opinion. I own both.

Not relevant to this list however.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nicole Massey" <ny...@gypsyheir.com>
To: "QWS list" <qws@AndreLouis.COM>
Sent: Thursday, February 17, 2022 3:33 AM
Subject: RE: QWS List Session Horns alternative:

Is there any way to drop these in using any kind of MIDI data? If so then all you need to do is save them to a file and open the file to copy and paste (in the main file) the articulation. Things like shakes, flutter tounging, doits, and even falls should be rare enough this shouldn't be too much of a headache to drop them in every once in a while. But more to the point, if there's no way to designate these articulations through MIDI, Music XML, or other notation friendly formats then it's going to be impossible to have these in the parts so horn players can play them. And anything using program change is going to be opaque to notation programs too, which would rule out the keyboards you mentioned. None of this matters if you're going to not use real horns.

The other important consideration is that the shakes are different between trumpets and trombones/saxophones. Trumpet shakes tend to be more volume based than pitch based, while trombone shakes are 100% pitch, and sax shakes can involve either variation depending on what the section leader decides. So if you're going for a realistic performance the sound source needs to take the different performance methods into consideration. Note also that back when I was playing in jazz ensembles we tended to strike out these types of articulations instead of playing them, because they can clutter things up a lot.

Nicole