Thanks for your interest and prompt answer!

What I try to estimate is the correlation of one bird species counts with a set
of environmental parameters. The count data are zero-inflated and
overdispersed. I am modeling with hurdle-negative binomial-mixed effects.
The results are very difficult to interpret and it get easier dropping out 3
outliers. But I do not know if I should do this..
Thanks!
Marta