Thanks Bert!
I think they are relatively important. What I am doing is comparing 2003 with
2013 distribution and use of this species in an specific sampled area. They are
currently way lower numbers than in 2003, however in both years the data are
zero inflated. Most of the outliers are in 2003 when they were quite more birds.

On the other hand, the behavior of the species is very social (ruffs) so where
they are 5 birds, they could be 300 in the next 10 minutes....so outliers
accounting for this maybe are not that important to take into accout, and thus,
I should focus more in the binomial part of the glmmadmb model that I chose
(where just zeros vs no zeros are modeled).

Thanks for your reflections they are very good to me!