В Tue, 18 Jul 2023 07:37:40 -0700
John Harrold <john.m.harr...@gmail.com> пишет:

> I was wondering if anyone has a good way to run R CMD
> check with only the imports installed?

According to "R Internals", running R CMD check with the environment
variable _R_CHECK_DEPENDS_ONLY_ set to "TRUE" will populate a temporary
library with only the hard dependencies of the package (Depends and
Imports) before running the tests.

If this works, you should see a NOTE:

* checking package dependencies ... NOTE
Packages which this enhances but not available for checking: <...>

(This NOTE also happens during the CRAN check but doesn't count against
your package.)

One caveat is that the library pointed to by the .Library variable is
also available during the check. In a packaged R it's a system
directory where non-base or recommended packages are not normally
installed, so _R_CHECK_DEPENDS_ONLY_ works. If you're running a custom
build of R with a writeable .Library (say, a copy of R-devel in your
home directory), the packages end up being installed there by default
and therefore available to the package being checked, despite
_R_CHECK_DEPENDS_ONLY_=TRUE. For recommended packages, there exists a
separate environment variable _R_CHECK_NO_RECOMMENDED_=TRUE, which
makes R CMD check create fake recommended packages in the temporary
library, which fail to load.

--
Best regards,
Ivan