On Friday, 26 June 2020 11.17.56 WEST Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> Then probably sticking to bootstrap is the best option. We should
> propose a change of the template SPEC in the guidelines to reflect
> that all packages should enclose their suggests and %check into a
> %{without boostrap} block, with a "%bcond_with bootstrap" defined on
> top.

I agree. And probably such that the bootstrap stage exclude the testing part.

So in the first instance we build the packages without testing and after the
bootstrap we rebuild again those packages but with the tests on again.

After finishing the second batch of packages (from your file) I have a huge
list of packages that were not rebuild because they require either R-testthat
or R-testit:

# fails test stage: missing testthat or testit
R-R-acepack
R-R-bindr
R-R-clipr
R-R-clisymbols
R-R-commonmark
R-errors
R-farver
R-fastmap
R-formatR
R-fs
R-glue
R-ini
R-jsonlite
R-lazyeval
R-packrat
R-qtl
R-rappdirs
R-rlang
R-systemfonts
R-utf8
R-viridisLite
R-xml2
R-zeallot
R-askpass
R-diffobj
R-hunspell
R-igraph
R-later *
R-lifecycle
R-lubridate *
R-mockr
R-munsell
R-plyr
R-prettycode
R-rex
R-rgeos
R-rprintf
R-simmer
R-stringr
R-units

# package fails because it requires dependencies above
R-V8
R-bindrcpp
R-cli
R-corpus
R-debugme
R-ellipsis
R-gdtools
R-htmltools
R-jqr
R-lambda.r
R-purrr
R-reticulate
R-rversions
R-tweenr
R-webutils

The list of packages rebuilt until now is
# first round/batch
R-rpm-macros
rpy
R-AUC