Thanks Iñaki! toolbox looks really useful for my usecase.

I'm hitting a related issue in that some R-* packages are not up-to-date
with their CRAN versions (especially testthat, which won't compile on
F35/rawhide because of a problem in catch that is bundled with testhat and
something that has changed in the compiler versions in rawhide. So now I'm
still stuck as I can't install the latest version of vdiffr (which I need
for R 4.1) as it needs 3.0.3 of testthat.

I'm also a little unclear why there are so many R-* packages in the repos
now? And how these relate to your COPR-based initiative to provide fedora
packages for all of CRAN.

I suspect I'm hitting all the issues that Tom and you and others are having
to deal with in the course of your packaging R packages for fedora, but as
until recently I just compiled R myself I'm a little unsure what is the
best/recommended strategy for installing R packages etc on Fedora? Use the
main repo packages, your COPR, something else? Is there an overview, road
map or plan somewhere that outlines this and/or what the recommended route
is?

TIA