Hi,
I trying to submit a new version of the plotrix package to CRAN and
would like to build it under R-4.1.1 as per instructions. I used to b
build R from source, but on this machine, configure exits with:

configure: error: --with-x=yes (default) and X11 headers/libs are not available

I have tried the usual installing lib and devel packages, all seem to
be already installed. I would fall back on installing a pre-built RPM,
but cannot connect to the links on the bin/linux/fedora page on CRAN
(connection refused). Clearly there have been changes since I last
built R from source.
Any hints? Thanks.

Jim