Running the "Software Update" and reinstalling R and Rcmdr worked for the
student with the 10.7.2. We did not reinstall XQuartz. Now I will see if it
works for the others. BTW - I have identified at least one student with a
10.6.8 who had no problems installing R and Rcmdr without installing
XQuartz (per my instructions) - am going to check with other students
tomorrow.

Best,
Sarah

--