I found the offending file.

.bashrc

export
PATH="$PATH:/sw/bin:sw/sbin:/usr/local/bin:usr/local/sbin:/usr/bin:usr/sbin:bin:sbin"
export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib:/usr/local/lib:
export CURL_CONFIG=/sw/bin/curl-config

When I was trying to get RCurl working this was suggested as the way to do
it.

So I assume i should not do:

export DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib:/usr/local/lib:

On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 3:38 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen <
kasperdanielhan...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 5:13 PM, Steve Lianoglou
> <mailinglist.honey...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=/sw/lib:/usr/local/lib:
> >
> > Your DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is, in fact, hosing you.
> >
> > Comment out that line.
>
> This line screws up your entire system.  You sometimes see people on
> various email lists recommend doing stuff like this, but this is a
> specific place where OS X is very different from Linux.  In principle,
> this could also mess with your other applications.
>
> However, you also need to figure out how that got set in your GUI
> (check by doing
> Sys.getenv("DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH")
> ) and you will need to fix that as well in case fixing .profile does
> not fix the GUI.
>
> Kasper

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]