You might consider putting it on R-Forge (<https://r-forge.r-project.org/ >). Phylobase, task views, vegan, and many other packages are there, and it makes it 1) easy to work together on code (subversion repository) 2) easy to for users to install your package while it's in development (install.packages("packagename",repos="http://R-Forge.R-project.org ") ), even for people not comfortable doing an install from source, 3) easy to track bugs and requests, and 4) easy to put back on CRAN.

Best,
Brian