Dear Fabricia,

Can you send me the R code and data that generates exactly your error message.

Sincerely
Michael Blum
Hi!

I am using the function maxlik.betasplit in R to calculate the value for tree
shape. All my trees are rooted, but I may have some polytomies.

I am converting my trees using: as.treeshape(tree, model="yule").

However, when I use the function maxlik.betasplit I get lots of warnings of the
type below:

Warning messages:
1: In if (class(phylo) == "treeshape") bal <- bbalance(as.phylo(phylo)) :
   the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used
2: In if (class(phylo) == "phylo") bal <- bbalance(phylo) :
   the condition has length > 1 and only the first element will be used

Can I ignore these warnings?

Thanks a lot!
Fabricia.

Michael BLUM