Hi all

I have been plotting some pruned trees recently, and have run into a
problem using drop.tip() after ladderize(). If you ladderize() and
then drop tips from the ladderized tree, then at least in my case the
node labels are no longer correct. This may be an unlikely sequence of
commands, but I thought I'd post this in case it is an easy fix, or it
helps anyone else avoid issues.
Thanks!

Rebecca

##

require(ape)

#read tree

mytree<-read.tree()
((D,(E,G)1)1,((H,J)0.8,(K,(((L,M)0.5,(N,O)0.6)1,(P,(Q,R)1)1)0.7)1)1);

#ladderize tree

mytree.lad<-ladderize(mytree)

#node labels display on both trees correctly

plot(mytree,show.node.label=TRUE)
plot(mytree.lad,show.node.label=TRUE)

#drop tips from both trees

drop.mytree<-drop.tip(mytree,c("L","D","G"))
drop.mytree.lad<-drop.tip(mytree.lad,c("L","D","G"))

#plot both trees, node labels are incorrect for ladderized tree

plot(drop.mytree,show.node.label=TRUE)
plot(drop.mytree.lad,show.node.label=TRUE)